These tips will help anyone experiencing trouble with trying to make money blogging to create a blog network suited for SEO and making money online.
Blogging is often talked about as a worthwhile method for making money online, and for many bloggers, the income is certainly worth the time and energy that goes into churning out post after post. However, for most bloggers, their blogs end up being more of a time-killer than an income-generating asset. While AdSense pay-per-click advertisements bring in a few dollars a month, turning their blogs into an effective money-making platform is incredibly difficult.
For blog owners that simply can't make money blogging, there are always alternative options to monetize their assets and utilize their online marketing power. One key marketing method for bloggers is to create a blog network for SEO power and direct search marketing. With just a few interconnected blogs, a once unsuccessful blog archive can be converted into a highly valuable online marketing asset and search marketing tool.
With effective scaling and long-term link building, it is not uncommon to see a single blog turn into a big money-maker. The steps below will help anyone create a blog network from scratch, or even convert old blogs into an interlinked network for search engine optimization.
Why and How to Create a Blog Network for Effective Search Engine Optimization
How Many Blogs Are Needed?
When it comes to SEO and link building, more is always better. Newbie bloggers are best off starting blogs about their interests, as writing is easier and the content will typically flow much more quickly. Knowing this, they should make a list of their interests, and then create a blog for each one. This way, they will never be writing on subjects that they do not like.
How Much Content Does Each Blog Need?
The purpose of a blog network is not to generate massive exposure for individual blogs, but to provide a linking resource for the most profitable and valuable blogs in the network. Bloggers should spend time creating enough content to get each blog ranking for search terms, but not so much that time is taken away from more profitable activities and marketing tasks.
How Does One Leverage the Search Engine Optimization Power of Each Blog?
Blog SEO happens in two fields: on-site and off-site. The first part of SEO requires optimizing money-making websites – the few blogs that make up the bulk of the blogger's income. Bloggers should spend some time working out major keywords and optimizing their most important blogs for maximum search engine optimization earnings. Once those blogs are prepared and keyword-friendly, they should start developing supporting websites.
When generating links from low-level websites, it is best to follow a niche-by-niche strategy. For example, for someone who has two websites dealing with automotive issues, products, or services, it is best to link one from one to another. It is recommended to create networks of links between major blogs, and then create one-way links from them to the top-ranked money-making websites.
How Can a Blog Empire Be Monetized and Expanded?
It starts with web traffic, which is what the blog network is all about. However, once a blogger has generated that traffic, several possibilities become accessible to them. From AdSense pay-per-click options to affiliate offers, there are hundreds of ways to monetize a major blog, and now that the blogger has built the traffic, they are in a place to experiment. They can spend some time chopping and changing offers and finding their best earners. After a while of optimizing, they could already have a high-earning blog network.
Online marketers should apply these tips, get their blog network-ready, and they will quickly see their monthly blogger earnings boosted to the point of sure-fire marketing success.
Tips for Effective Blog Copy, SEO, and Keyword Research
Effective content and copy are essential to any successful online marketing strategy. Getting noticed and standing out amongst the ubiquitous information that is posted on the web is paramount in leveraging achievement in today’s viral, digital environment. Times have changed with the meteoric speed of technology so the days of typical, creative, catchy, and long storyboards are over and the K.I.S.S. model of quick simplicity with headline attention-grabbing blogging is now status quo. People are busier than ever and do not have time to read copious amounts of information, therefore, less is more as ‘chunking’ is now the method du jour.
Create Web Content and Copy That Sells
Creating compelling copy is both an art and science. Words have to be contrived skillfully to influence someone to take action such as a query, purchase, subscription, follow, bookmark or share of information, view of a link to an article/video, etc. Persuasive techniques need to be applied to derive the attention-getting needless to say it writing strategy should:
- Generate traffic
- Sell products/services/article marketing
- Acquire subscriptions
- Attract Links
Easy Tips for Good and Effective Blog Copy that gets Noticed
Writing attention-getting headlines are imperative and serve as the first impression for a prospective reader. On average, 8 out of 10 people will read headline copy, however, only 2 of 10 will read the rest. If the headline is not captivating, then, the next line and the next sentence, and next after that, etc. will never get read. Needless-to-say, the more powerful the headline, the more likely that a larger percentage of people will be interested in what is being marketed.
Writing copy for SEO – Search Engine Optimization, may seem daunting at first, however, after using simple a simple process with practice, the task will facilitate with time and become a habit and an internet marketer’s greatest resource. Despite traditional SEO used to target keyword phrases and in particular, densities and frequencies, research shows that 85% of the comprehensive factors determining how a web page is ranked in a search engine is, rather, based on activity off the page. Even though search engine algorithms have evolved to remedy the trust and credibility of a domain, readers’ opinions on content, and descriptive words used in links, keywords are still vital in deeming status, quality, and relevance.
Strategy to Increase Rank & Traffic through Keywords and SEO
Popularity still reigns in SEO as social media platforms and blogging now offers a multitude of people to cast their “like” votes on what is seen as relevant by either actively linking to it, easily sharing and bookmarking it, and/or tweeting it. The following guidelines will help in getting content noticed:
- 1. Use the Google Keyword Tool to search for specific, descriptive words and phrases that your target market will be searching for. Try a search with the desired keyword or phrase “allintitle name of keyword” and if there are less than one thousand ranks, then there is a good possibility that a blog post, comment, or bookmark should be in the top rank if the proper research and web tools are used.
- 2. Use a question mark or a dash in the headline to add extra information.
- 3. Main keywords should be included in the first 160 characters of content.
- 4. The same main keywords should be used at least ten consecutive times in blog posts for deep continuity.
- 5. Blog posts should connect as often as possible.
- 6. Deep-link blog posts at least twice in a post.
- 7. Syndicate content on favorite networked blogs social media sites and/or network tribes.
- 8. Follow current news stories to relate and link copy topics to popular news stories/events/holidays as these are already popular and have significant following.
- 9. Engage with people when responding to a post or when someone comments on a post.
If the craft of doing keyword research, creating captivating content, and setting up blog posts that get noticed is learned, then the world will be a blogger’s/marketer’s domain. Sharing and spreading substantive content will become an unbelievable gateway to reach the masses for little or no cost.
Important Elements, Suggestions, and Tips for Successful Blogging
The basic concept has been developed, the appropriate name has been chosen, and now it is time to move forward to the next step in blogging. What now? With millions of blogs out in the blogosphere, how does one make their blog stand out from all the rest?
Below, are some basic suggestions and tips to ensure blogging success:
The readers must be able to read the blog. Although experimenting and playing with loads of different colors, fonts and designs can be fun, readability is crucial. If the reader cannot see what he is reading, he probably will not stick around.
- Navigation. Can the readers navigate easily and find what they are looking for, quickly?
- Check the links. Do they all work?
- If advertising is published on the blog, placement is important. Make sure the advertisements are not distracting from the actual content of the blog.
Content, Content, Content
- No matter how great and clever the blog looks, people will not return if the content is simply not there.
- Make it unique.
- Make it different.
- Passion. Be passionate about the subject matter.
- Rich and relevant content is crucial.
While some may argue this is the most important aspect of a blog; others may say content is king. Regardless of which is more important, the blog should be visually appealing.
- Use images that add to the story.
- Embed videos that help explain the blog's purpose or point of view.
- Determine blogging frequency. Will it be done daily or every other day?
- Pick a schedule, and then stick to it. The readers will be looking forward to the routine.
- While adding music, videos and tons of photographs can be fun to do, if a blog takes a long time to load, the audience may not return. Ensure the page opens quickly.
- If possible, test the blog on various computers, different browsers and operating systems.
- Blogging is interactive; it’s a conversation between two people or many.
- Reply to comments.
- Decide before publication, if all comments will be posted, or just the positive ones.
- Will comments be moderated before they are published, or posted immediately?
- Be prepared for spam.
Important Elements to Have on Your Blog
- Have a “Contact Me” link. Many times, the readers want to contact the author. Do not make them hunt for that information. It must be easily accessible.
- Have an “About Me” page with a photograph. Write a short bio. Loyal viewers are curious about the author. The "About Me" page also makes the blog more personal.
- News-Feeds are valuable tools
- Choose great titles with descriptive headlines. There may be only one chance to grab that audience. The reader will decide by the title, if they want to continue reading the posting.
- Archiving older postings can be very beneficial to loyal readers.
- Blogging requires a lot of work and a lot of time.
- Patience. It takes time to get noticed. Be patient.
- Be prepared for burnout.
- Before publishing, double, triple-check grammar, and spelling!!
- Be a guest on other blogs.
- Leave messages and comments on other blogs.
- Blog rolls
- Add the blog address to all email account signatures.
Increase exposure by Driving traffic to the site
- Submit to search engines! There are many free ones available.
- Getting the blog "out there", is critical to the readership
Like most things in life, blogging requires hard work, diligence, determination, and patience. Fine-tune along the way, and most of all, have fun!