To displaying useful data on a Joomla! website, a HTML table is a great solution for your visitors but unfortunately, a standard HTML table isn't Responsive Design.
Most of the data in your table will not be displayed on frontend, in the best of case. Worst, a simple HTML table can break the Responsive Design of your template.
Do not let this simple functionality nullify the user experience and the SEO of your website: install Responsive Tables now!
When you looked at data table, the first column is oftenly the main key. In "Responsive Tables", this first column is always available.
On mobiles devices, the head of the table become this first column (the yellow one on the picture bellow), the table "flip" on the side. It's a breeze to use it for you and your visitors.
The free Joomla! plugin Responsive Tables is designed to display HTML tables completely Responsive Design. With this plugin, you can easily display your data on all devices without any problem.
The data contented in each row and in each column are always available with a smooth sliding effect. With a such modern and awesome display on your website, your visitors will spend more time on your pages.
The Joomla! plugin Responsive Tables has been designated as a very popular extension on the Joomla Extension Directory due to the large number of downloads by thousands satisfied users.
The great qualities of the plugin and its freeness are arguments that will make you choose Responsive Tables for your Joomla! website.
Responsive Tables has been specially designed to maximize the user experience on any type of device.
Thus, your visitors appropriates the content your tables very quickly and is in the habit of consulting them very easily. This also decreases the rebound rate, which is a very good point.
First of all, open the backend of your Joomla! and navigate to "Extensions - Manage".
If you've downloaded "Responsive Tables" from www.web-eau.net then click on the tab "Upload Package File". Of course, you can choose the tab "Install from the web". In this case, use the search engine tool with "Responsive Tables" as keyword.
Locate the ZIP archive of "Responsive Tables" on your computer, select it and click on "Upload and Install" button to lauch the installation process.
Few seconds later, a message confirm you that the process of installation is successfuly completed.
Go to the Plugin manager and publish "Responsive Tables".
Let's create our first responsive Table.
Your HTML code should looks like this:
Here are some useful tips and advices for a better use of the plugin and for a better Responsive Design display. It's only advice based on my experience and on the users feedbacks ;)
This isn't an issue at all, the plugin works fine and your HTML table will be correctly displayed on frontend on your live server without any notice.
Here are the latest reviews posted on the Joomla Extension Directory about Responsive Tables
If you use Responsive Tables, don't forget to share your positive experience with others Joomla! users by posting your review on the Joomla Extension Directory.
Freddy Cocquit 2015-02-27
Really great extension easy to install and to work with. I had some problems with CSS formating and Daniel was really kind to help as long as it was needed. Of course...we found a solution :)
Daniel, the developer for Responsive Table. He is a nice and helpful person. He help me whole day to fix my template CSS display the responsive table. Now everything work OK. You are 'ROCK' man.
It really works. Plugin save a lot time. Responsive Tables look very good at all mobile devices. Good job :) and price is very good too.
I was looking a component for making my tables responsible and I found them. I had some questions and author answered on them very fast. Great component and great support. Thank you!
If you use Responsive Tables, dont forget to share your positive experience with others Joomla! users by posting your review on the Joomla Extension Directory.
This free Joomla! 3x plugin provides 2 different ways to display your HTML tables responsively.
The first method to display the table responsively is well knowed now. On mobiles devices (under 768px), the < thead >, of the table become his first column (the yellow one on the picture bellow). The table toggle on the side.
You just have to touch the table with your finger and move "right" and "left" the columns, the first one is still fix and available (see below).
The second method to display the table responsively is a little bit different. On mobiles devices and if hte table is larger than the screen, the table scrolls horizontaly.
You just have to touch the table with your finger and move "right" and "left" the columns. In this case, the table doesn't "flip" and the first column can disapear. This is different approach of the "Responsive Design" to increase the user experience.
Install the plugin like any other Joomla! extension through the Extension manager,
Go to the Plugin manager and publish the plugins "Responsive Tables" and "Responsive Tables - Editor".
Create a new article in Joomla!
Click on the button "Table Editor" below the text-area,
In the popup, indicate how many rows and columns you need to display in your table,
Select how your table must be display responsively :
Click on the button "Table Editor" to generate your "Responsive Table" in the text area
Now, you just have to fill your new table with your datas and the job is done !
This extension is release under the GNU/GPL license : http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc. 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
The licenses for most software are designed to take away your freedom to share and change it. By contrast, the GNU General Public License is intended to guarantee your freedom to share and change free software--to make sure the software is free for all its users. This General Public License applies to most of the Free Software Foundation's software and to any other program whose authors commit to using it. (Some other Free Software Foundation software is covered by the GNU Lesser General Public License instead.) You can apply it to your programs, too.
When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for this service if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs; and that you know you can do these things.
To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights. These restrictions translate to certain responsibilities for you if you distribute copies of the software, or if you modify it.
For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that you have. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.
We protect your rights with two steps: (1) copyright the software, and (2) offer you this license which gives you legal permission to copy, distribute and/or modify the software.
Also, for each author's protection and ours, we want to make certain that everyone understands that there is no warranty for this free software. If the software is modified by someone else and passed on, we want its recipients to know that what they have is not the original, so that any problems introduced by others will not reflect on the original authors' reputations.
Finally, any free program is threatened constantly by software patents. We wish to avoid the danger that redistributors of a free program will individually obtain patent licenses, in effect making the program proprietary. To prevent this, we have made it clear that any patent must be licensed for everyone's free use or not licensed at all.
The precise terms and conditions for copying, distribution and modification follow.
0. This License applies to any program or other work which contains a notice placed by the copyright holder saying it may be distributed under the terms of this General Public License. The "Program", below, refers to any such program or work, and a "work based on the Program" means either the Program or any derivative work under copyright law: that is to say, a work containing the Program or a portion of it, either verbatim or with modifications and/or translated into another language. (Hereinafter, translation is included without limitation in the term "modification".) Each licensee is addressed as "you".
Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not covered by this License; they are outside its scope. The act of running the Program is not restricted, and the output from the Program is covered only if its contents constitute a work based on the Program (independent of having been made by running the Program). Whether that is true depends on what the Program does.
1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.
You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.
2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:
These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the Program, and can be reasonably considered independent and separate works in themselves, then this License, and its terms, do not apply to those sections when you distribute them as separate works. But when you distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a work based on the Program, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms of this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the entire whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.
Thus, it is not the intent of this section to claim rights or contest your rights to work written entirely by you; rather, the intent is to exercise the right to control the distribution of derivative or collective works based on the Program.
In addition, mere aggregation of another work not based on the Program with the Program (or with a work based on the Program) on a volume of a storage or distribution medium does not bring the other work under the scope of this License.
3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable. However, as a special exception, the source code distributed need not include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies the executable.
If distribution of executable or object code is made by offering access to copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent access to copy the source code from the same place counts as distribution of the source code, even though third parties are not compelled to copy the source along with the object code.
4. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.
5. You are not required to accept this License, since you have not signed it. However, nothing else grants you permission to modify or distribute the Program or its derivative works. These actions are prohibited by law if you do not accept this License. Therefore, by modifying or distributing the Program (or any work based on the Program), you indicate your acceptance of this License to do so, and all its terms and conditions for copying, distributing or modifying the Program or works based on it.
6. Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein. You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to this License.
7. If, as a consequence of a court judgment or allegation of patent infringement or for any other reason (not limited to patent issues), conditions are imposed on you (whether by court order, agreement or otherwise) that contradict the conditions of this License, they do not excuse you from the conditions of this License. If you cannot distribute so as to satisfy simultaneously your obligations under this License and any other pertinent obligations, then as a consequence you may not distribute the Program at all. For example, if a patent license would not permit royalty-free redistribution of the Program by all those who receive copies directly or indirectly through you, then the only way you could satisfy both it and this License would be to refrain entirely from distribution of the Program.
If any portion of this section is held invalid or unenforceable under any particular circumstance, the balance of the section is intended to apply and the section as a whole is intended to apply in other circumstances.
It is not the purpose of this section to induce you to infringe any patents or other property right claims or to contest validity of any such claims; this section has the sole purpose of protecting the integrity of the free software distribution system, which is implemented by public license practices. Many people have made generous contributions to the wide range of software distributed through that system in reliance on consistent application of that system; it is up to the author/donor to decide if he or she is willing to distribute software through any other system and a licensee cannot impose that choice.
This section is intended to make thoroughly clear what is believed to be a consequence of the rest of this License.
8. If the distribution and/or use of the Program is restricted in certain countries either by patents or by copyrighted interfaces, the original copyright holder who places the Program under this License may add an explicit geographical distribution limitation excluding those countries, so that distribution is permitted only in or among countries not thus excluded. In such case, this License incorporates the limitation as if written in the body of this License.
9. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new versions of the General Public License from time to time. Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version, but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.
Each version is given a distinguishing version number. If the Program specifies a version number of this License which applies to it and "any later version", you have the option of following the terms and conditions either of that version or of any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. If the Program does not specify a version number of this License, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software Foundation.
10. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free programs whose distribution conditions are different, write to the author to ask for permission. For software which is copyrighted by the Free Software Foundation, write to the Free Software Foundation; we sometimes make exceptions for this. Our decision will be guided by the two goals of preserving the free status of all derivatives of our free software and of promoting the sharing and reuse of software generally.
11. BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
12. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This General Public License does not permit incorporating your program into proprietary programs. If your program is a subroutine library, you may consider it more useful to permit linking proprietary applications with the library. If this is what you want to do, use the GNU Lesser General Public License instead of this License.
web-eau.net is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters. The Joomla! name and logo is
used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.